Need a midwife?
- Call us! 514 937-9251 # 6258
- Register online HERE
We will contact you when a place becomes available.
If this is your first time using midwifery services, we ask that you attend an information session before your first appointment.
The information sessions for the midwifery services will take place online until further notice. To attend the online session, call 514 937-9251 ext. 6258.
The sessions take place from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- December 12 (French)
- January 9 (English)
- January 23 (French)
- February 13 (English)
- February 27 (French)
- April 17 (English)
- May 1 (French)
- May 22 (English)
- June 5 (French)
- June 26 (English)
- July 10 (French)
- July 31 (English)
- August 14 (French)
- September 4 (English)
- September 18 (French)
- October 9 (English)
- October 23 (French)
- November 13 (English)
- November 27 (French)
For whom are these services?
Midwifery services are for pregnant women and people living in the Great Southwest of Montreal, including Verdun and around, as well as their families.
Need more details about the services offered by midwives?
See our flyer HERE (English)
- Español – Servicios de partera
- Arabe –خدمات الولادة في عيادة بوينت سان تشارلز الجمعوي ة
- Cree –ᐅᑎᓈᐅᓱᓐ ᐧᐄᒋᐦᐄᐧᐁᐧᐃᓐ ᐁ ᐃᐦᑕᑯᐦᒡ ᐊᓂᑌ ᐧᐹᐃᓐᑦ ᓵᐃᓐᑦ-ᔖᕐᓪ ᓂᑐᐦᑯᐃᓂᑲᒥᑯᐦᒡ
- Inuktitut -ᐃᕐᓂᓱᑦᓰᓂᕐᓄᑦ ᑭᒡᒐᑐᕈᑏᑦ ᐳᐃᓐᑦ-ᓭᓐ-ᓵᓪᔅᒥ ᓄᓇᓖᑦ ᐋᓐᓂᐊᓯᐅᑎᒃᑯᖏᓐᓂ
- Farsi – خدمات مامایی کلینیک کامیونیتی پوانت-سن-شارل
- Mandarin – 社区诊所的助产服务
- Russe – Акушерские услуги в общественной клинике
- Bengali -পয়েন্ট-সেইন্ট-চার্লস কমিউনিটি ক্লিনিকে ধাত্রীসেবা (মিডওয়াইফারি সার্ভিস)
- Urdu -پوانٹ ـ سَینٹ ـ چارلز کمیونٹی کلینک کی مِڈوائفری سروسز
Like family doctors, midwives are autonomous, primary healthcare professionals in Quebec’s public health system. They provide comprehensive care throughout the perinatal period, with a global approach to care with a strong focus on relational continuity. They offer:
- Comprehensive care from early pregnancy to 6 weeks following birth for mother and newborn;
- Information sessions on available services;
- Complementary exams (lab tests, prescriptions, ultrasounds, etc.);
- Prenatal classes;
- Home birth and hospital birth for the moment (once our birthing centre is built, that option will also be available);
- Home visits after birth;
- Breast-feeding support.
All services are covered by RAMQ.
Midwives work in collaboration with medical teams for any consultations and transfers needed during the pregnancy, birth and postpartum period. We strongly believe women should be able to choose the conditions in which their pregnancy and birth take place. Midwifery services adopt a comprehensive and feminist approach to health.
The midwifery services NOTEBOOK
Table of contents
Each text is avalable in PDF formatLearn more about midwifery
- Food during pregnancy
- Pregnancy discomforts and alternative remedies
- Signs of concern during pregnancy
- In Due Time…Pregnancy Beyond 40 and Induction of Labour
- When your pregnancy goes past your due date
- How to recognise «true» and «false» labour
- Reflexion about an experience of physiological birth
- Your guide to labor
- Labour and Birth in water
- How to boost your energy during labour
- Examples of affirmations
- Role of partner or support person
- Benefits of exclusive breastfeeding up to the age of six months and beyond
- The Benefits of Breastfeeding from A to Z
- Beginning Breastfeeding
- Vitamin D supplementation in infants
- I’ll take care of my perineum
- Protecting your perineum
- My perineum, what about after the birth then?
- But Why do Babies Cry? Night wakings, Cries, and the Needs of a Newborn Baby
- Normal Newborn Behaviour
- Sharing a bed with your baby
- 7 Post-Pregnancy Feelings No One Warns You About
- Soutien, santé des femmes et maternité, activités, dépression, ressources périnatales, etc. (in French only)
Suggestion de lectures