Are you interested in receiving midwifery services?
- Call us! 514 937-9251 # 2323
- Register online HERE
If this is your first follow-up with a midwife, it is necessary to attend an information session before your first appointment.
Information sessions 2021:
The information sessions for the midwifery services will take place online until further notice. To attend the online session, call 514 937-9251 ext. 2323.
The sessions take place from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- September 22 (English)
- October 5 (Français)
- October 19 (English)
- November 3 (Français)
- November 16 (English)
- November 30 (Français)
Midwifery services are for pregnant women living in the Great Southwest of Montreal, including Verdun and around.
What will these services consist of?
See our flyer HERE (English)
- Español – Servicios de partera
- Arabe –خدمات الولادة في عيادة بوينت سان تشارلز الجمعوي ة
- Cree –ᐅᑎᓈᐅᓱᓐ ᐧᐄᒋᐦᐄᐧᐁᐧᐃᓐ ᐁ ᐃᐦᑕᑯᐦᒡ ᐊᓂᑌ ᐧᐹᐃᓐᑦ ᓵᐃᓐᑦ-ᔖᕐᓪ ᓂᑐᐦᑯᐃᓂᑲᒥᑯᐦᒡ
- Inuktitut -ᐃᕐᓂᓱᑦᓰᓂᕐᓄᑦ ᑭᒡᒐᑐᕈᑏᑦ ᐳᐃᓐᑦ-ᓭᓐ-ᓵᓪᔅᒥ ᓄᓇᓖᑦ ᐋᓐᓂᐊᓯᐅᑎᒃᑯᖏᓐᓂ
- Farci – خدمات مامایی کلینیک کامیونیتی پوانت-سن-شارل
- Mandarin – 社区诊所的助产服务
- Russe – Акушерские услуги в общественной клинике
- Bengali -পয়েন্ট-সেইন্ট-চার্লস কমিউনিটি ক্লিনিকে ধাত্রীসেবা (মিডওয়াইফারি সার্ভিস)
- Urdu -پوانٹ ـ سَینٹ ـ چارلز کمیونٹی کلینک کی مِڈوائفری سروسز
Midwifery services Midwives are autonomous, primary healthcare professionals in Quebec’s public health system, like family doctors. They provide comprehensive care throughout maternity, with a global approach of relational continuity and care. They give:
- Comprehensive care from the beginning of the pregnancy to 6 weeks after giving birth for mother and newborn;
- Information sessions on services available to the public;
- Complementary exams (lab tests, prescriptions, ultrasounds, etc.);
- Prenatal classes;
- Home birth and hospital birth during the first phase, then at birthing centre after it has opened;
- Home visits after birth;
- Breast-feeding support.
All services are covered by RAMQ.
Midwives work in collaboration with medical teams for any consultations and transfers needed during the pregnancy, birth and postpartum period. Women should be able to choose the conditions in which their pregnancy and birth take place. Midwife and birthing centre services adopt a comprehensive and feminist approach to health.
The midwifery services NOTEBOOK
Table of contents
Each text is avalable in PDF formatLearn more about midwifery
- Food during pregnancy
- Pregnancy discomforts and alternative remedies
- Signs of concern during pregnancy
- In Due Time…Pregnancy Beyond 40 and Induction of Labour
- When your pregnancy goes past your due date
- How to recognise «true» and «false» labour
- Reflexion about an experience of physiological birth
- Your guide to labor
- Labour and Birth in water
- How to boost your energy during labour
- Examples of affirmations
- Role of partner or support person
- Benefits of exclusive breastfeeding up to the age of six months and beyond
- The Benefits of Breastfeeding from A to Z
- Beginning Breastfeeding
- Vitamin D supplementation in infants
- I’ll take care of my perineum
- Protecting your perineum
- My perineum, what about after the birth then?
- But Why do Babies Cry? Night wakings, Cries, and the Needs of a Newborn Baby
- Normal Newborn Behaviour
- Sharing a bed with your baby
- 7 Post-Pregnancy Feelings No One Warns You About
Suggestion de lectures