BY APPOINTMENT ONLY! To book an appointment, call (514) 937-9251 extension 7213
The Clinic’s yearly influenza vaccination campaign will be ongoing until mid-January 2023, by appointment only. Vaccination is an excellent way to prevent complications due to influenza in vulnerable people. It is important to note that the COVID-19 vaccine does not offer any protection against the flu.
The flu vaccine is recommended and offered free of charge to people who are at highest risk of complications:
- Children from 6 months to 17 years old who have certain chronic conditions
- Adults who have certain chronic conditions (including pregnant women regardless the stage of pregnancy)
- Pregnant women, in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of their pregnancy
- People aged 75 and over.
- If you are between the ages of 60 and 74 and in good health, your risk of hospitalization or death from the flu is low.
- If you are the parent of a healthy child age 6 to 23 months, the same is true for your child. The flu vaccine is thus no longer recommended for healthy adults age 60 to 74 or healthy children age 6 to 23 months.
- However, if you still wish to get a flu shot or have your child vaccinated, you can do so free of charge.
Do you receive services at home or by appointment by a doctor or nurse?
You will be able to receive the vaccine during your November consultation.
And don’t forget !
Stay home if you are sick! Don’t play the hero and go to work if you have flu symptoms.
Influenza Vaccination: Myths and Facts
Here are some simple things you can do to prevent infection by one of the flu viruses:
- Keep your hands clean by washing them regularly;
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow;
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth. These are points of entry for viruses and bacteria;
- Since the viruses can survive on hard surfaces for at least 48 hours, clean surfaces touched by a person with the ’flu, for example, doorknobs, light switches, keyboards, computer mice, telephones and remote-control devices;
- Avoid contact with people at risk if you have the ’flu.
Please note that the vaccine you received last year is no longer valid, because the flu virus changes every year.
You wish you a happy and healthy winter!
Thanks for your blog, nice to read. Do not stop.
Respected casino online casino that pays. Prompt payouts, pay any way you want. Many different online games, slots. Huge selection of sports betting, online streaming, work all over the world. Click and win with us